Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back at Bragg

For my four readers who aren't family members or reading this on Facebook, I'm now safely back in the best country on the planet: Not Iraq. Specifically, America. Or 'Murka, if you're Toby Keith. We've been having lots of free time since we got back, which is rather nice. Still waiting to get most of my stuff out of storage and get fully moved into the barracks. It's definitely a different feeling, settling into a place with the expectation of staying a while, rather than just living out of one's bags, waiting to leave again. I haven't gotten internet in my room yet, but there's at least coffeshops and such here I can use, so I'll likely be posting on a fairly regular basis again. I've got a lot of material in my mental queue, so expect plenty of stories and reflections from my deployment.

4 comments:

Thursday's Child said...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Evan!

Rita Loca said...

Glad you are back safe and sound. Thank you for your service to our country and i can't wait for the stories!

Cheryl said...

A belated welcome home, Evan! (I've been on the road and behind on my blog reading). Hoping it won't be long before I can have the pleasure of meeting you in flesh and blood at your dear sister's place.