Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

I am he who betrays my Lord for thirty pieces of silver.
I am he who denies that I ever knew Him.
I shout "crucify Him!", demanding His blood. I claim it for myself, and for my children.
I am Pilate, washing my hands of the matter.
I am a soldier, weaving a crown of thorns to mock the King of Kings.
I hold the scourge that tears His flesh.
I pound the nails that pierce His hands, his feet.
I bet and bicker for His garments.
I am a thief dying justly for my crimes, yet through my agony I find strength to hurl contempt on the Innocent suffering beside me.

I am all of these, but by God's grace I am also the other thief. Empowered by the Holy Spirit I pray, "Jesus, remember me."

1 comment:

Elephantschild said...

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.