Saturday, October 4, 2008

Customer Disservice

I just missed my appointment to take the GRE exam because the information provided to me by Educational Testing Services was insufficient to get me to the testing facility. The address they gave me turns out to have been for the entire university campus, not for a specific building, and nobody answered the phone at the number they gave me. The voice mail recording at that number was kind enough to tell me their testing hours, but not so kind as to tell me their location. Needless to say, I set out to send them a very tersely-worded email, but their complaints department only has a snail-mail address and a fax number. Riiiighht. So I used the only email form I could find, in the hopes they'll forward it along. I'd better be getting my $140 back, or at the very least a reschedule without a fee. I don't generally stay in Fayettenam on weekends, and since they can't give me my weekend back, they'd dern well give me my money back.

3 comments:

Elephantschild said...

$140? Yikes.

Is ETS owned by Wells Fargo by any chance?

Shane said...

Ouch, dude. Good luck with that.

Back in 2002 I nearly had a similar experience with the LSAT, except there was one testing classroom that for whatever reason hadn't started testing yet, 5 minutes before they were supposed to start, so I got in at the last second.

Who the hell doesn't have email anymore? I say a Black Fax is in order. Maybe with white text saying "Get an email address, assholes."

Bi-Coloured-Python-Rock-Snake said...

Ooooooh, good idea, bro. Of course, I'll have to find a fax machine. And a landline. Both of which are pretty scarce in DoD-land.