Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just A Word

So many comments. So much to be said. Most of it has already been said or will shortly be said by others, so I'm not going to bother. I have but one comment on the inaugural address itself, this portion in particular:
We remain the most prosperous, powerful nation on Earth. Our workers are no less productive than when this crisis began. Our minds are no less inventive, our goods and services no less needed than they were last week or last month or last year. Our capacity remains undiminished.
So, what you're saying, Mr. President, is that the fundamentals of our economy are strong. And I wholeheartedly agree.

I apologize, friends, if this is taken as flip. The excoriation of Senator McCain for that statement is the single bitterest jab of the campaign, and the only one that still sticks with me.

No comments: